Thu, 20 Feb|
19th ICID - International Congress on Infectious Diseases
The 19th International Congress on Infectious Diseases (ICID) is organized by the International Society for Infectious Diseases in collaboration with the Malaysian Society for Infectious Diseases and Chemotherapy (MSIDC).
Time & Location
20 Feb 2020, 10:00 am – 23 Feb 2020, 4:00 pm
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
About the Event
he 19th ICID features an expanded range of sessions by bringing the One Health aspect to the world of clinical infectious diseases and microbiology. The One Health Concept recognizes the commonality of human, environmental and animal health and is critical to understanding, managing and preventing emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases globally. From antimicrobial resistance, Nipah virus and rabies to the effects of climate change, loss of biodiversity, and political instability on infectious diseases, looking through the One Health lens will provide valuable insights across species and specialties. Connect with colleagues from a wide range of countries and specialties to exchange knowledge, create new ideas and start collaborations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE 19TH ICID?
- Adult and pediatric infectious disease specialists
- Laboratory specialists in microbiology and virology
- Public health specialists and epidemiologists
- Infection prevention and control practitioners
- Veterinarians and environmental health practitioners working in the One Health area
- Infectious diseases, microbiology and virology fellows and trainees at every level
- Infectious diseases research scientists and those in training
- General practitioners, internal medicine practitioners, pulmonary and critical care practitioners and others who care for patients with infectious diseases
- Emergency preparedness professionals
- Policy makers